- Students & Parents
- Technology Troubleshooting
- Support and Mental Health
- Learning Resources
- LGBTQ+ Resources from DVHS
- LGBTQ+ Resources from MVHS
- LGBTQ+ Resources from SRVHS
- Tips for Studying at Home
- Infinite Campus Login
College Exploration, Planning and Application Resources
- The UC freshman admission application information may be found by clicking this link.
- Students planning to apply to private colleges should open an account with the Common Application Organization at this link. Most private colleges require students to submit their applications through the Common App website. Check their list of member colleges.
- Students who will be applying to a Cal State may open an account at this link. This website also provides a wealth of information about all the Cal State campuses.
- Consider attending the “Colleges That Change Lives” college fairs in July. Information can be found at this link.
- New Opportunity: ADegreeWithAGuarantee
“Early priority admission to the CSU’s with junior standing once you earn an Associates Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) at a California Community College. The new joint transfer program is the best path for student like you to transfer between two college systems. Complete 60 units at a California community college to receive your AA-T or AS-T, then complete 60 units* at a CSU to receive your bachelor’s degree.” For more information, go to ADegreeWithAGuarantee
- ASSIST is an student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California College or University can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS APPLYING TO ANY 4-YEAR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
Please use a “professional” email prefix or username when applying to college. Hipchick@***.com is not an appropriate username.
- Colleges may contact you via email for additional information or updates on their admission procedures.
- Student Portal (once you have applied): It is the student's responsibility to check the student portal with each college campus. This is the primary means of communication between you and the colleges you are applying to.
Occasionally, students would like to change their senior schedule at the semester point (or other times during the year). Please be aware that you have reported your senior courses on your application. This means that your application status (or conditional acceptance – depending on when you would like to drop a course) may be affected by this. Dropping a course as a senior is complicated. It involves the student contacting all of the College Admissions Offices that the student applied to and asking, “Will dropping X, impact my application status/conditional acceptance?” The college's admissions office will be able to answer this question.
CSU Application: October 1 – December 4
UC Application: November 1 – November 30
Both the UC/CSU applications need to be submitted prior to eating your turkey on Thanksgiving. Both UC/CSU website have a tendency of taking a long time to submit your application waiting until the last few days of the month, due to a heightened level of website use.
- For CSU: The CSU schools only want the repeated grade on the application; they do not want you type in the original grade. You will need to use the CSU GPA Calculator to calculate your GPA w/o the original grades.
- For UC: The UC schools want to see both the original grade and the repeated grade. However, will only calculate the repeated grade in their GPA.
Family Connection from Naviance Inc. is designed to help students make decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. All high school Venture students should be registered and introduced to this program when they enroll at Venture.
CA Career Zone site :Assess yourself, explore families of jobs and find out if you will make enough money to support yourself.
Career Exploration: The search for a lifelong, fulfilling career can be a fun-filled activity in which you devote time to learn more about yourself. Most experts suggest that you should review your interests, skills, values, and personality.
Bay Area Apprenticeship Programs at a Glance: is an on-line directory of apprenticeship programs available throughout the local area. Read about job descriptions, qualifications and requirements, benefits, program, application process and contact information.
This is a developing website where one can find information about community colleges, vocational schools, private colleges, California State University campuses and University of California campuses.There is a good explanation of financial aid on this website. Click on the tools link to find the career selector function. Just added are webpages for middle-school students and their parents.
This very helpful website has a college search for the entire country. The articles have very useful information.
Life Worksis a website where one can find information about health and medical science careers. Find careers that match your interests, skills and abilities and other practical and helpful information.
California State University Application
Application to the 23 campuses that make up the California State University system. One can use this website to apply on-line, apply for financial aid, plan courses in high school to make oneself eligible to apply in the senior year of high school, or to plan courses while enrolled at a community college with plans to transfer to a CSU campus as a college junior. Students as young as 6th grade are being encouraged to start an account on this website.
This excellent website is similar to the one above,
except their database consists of the independent (private) colleges and
universities that belong to the Association of Independent California Colleges
The websites for all 9 university campuses for students that want to see their pathway to the UC. Applications can be downloaded or one can apply on-line from this website.
Diablo Valley College has listed the college catalog, schedule of courses and important dates on this website.
Las Positas College has listed the college catalog, schedule of courses and important dates on this website.
Find college catalogs, schedules of courses and important dates on this website for College of Alameda, Laney College, Merritt College, and Vista College.